When you first created your AdWords account, you agreed to Terms and Conditions that provide a common understanding in basic areas like policy, payment and liability. As AdWords grows to meet the needs of businesses around the world, we sometimes need to make updates.
Starting today, we’re rolling out new Terms and Conditions in all countries and territories. Please read through these updated terms carefully. They include:
- More flexibility to notify or inform you via phone calls, text messages and emails.
- New provisions related to how products and features are tested within AdWords.
- In the U.S., Canada, and most countries in Latin America and Asia, a provision to use arbitration to resolve disputes rather than jury trials or class actions.* Follow the instructions in the dispute resolution section of the terms to opt-out of this provision (U.S. and Brazil only).
- New provisions related to the disclosure of technical errors and bugs within AdWords.
- New data protection terms related to the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and other EU privacy frameworks.
As with any legal document, you might consider consulting an attorney if you have any questions.
Please review and accept the new Terms and Conditions by signing in to your AdWords account. When prompted, click ‘“Accept” to indicate your acceptance.
If you use the AdWords API or a third-party tool, you’ll need to log directly into your AdWords account to accept. Accepting won’t affect any of your bids, budgets, invoicing or other campaign settings. However, if you “Decline,” your ads will no longer be eligible to serve.
Don’t see the new terms?
We’re rolling out the new Terms and Conditions globally over the next few months. If you don’t see the prompt to “Accept” the new terms after signing in to your AdWords account, you may need to wait and accept at a later date—we’ll send an email notification once your account(s) is ready. Or someone you’ve authorized to act on your behalf, for example an advertising agency, may have already accepted.
You can view the previous Terms and Conditions in the AdWords Help Center.
* Does not apply to countries in Europe, the Middle East and Africa.